Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sometimes I wish I was 28 again. Usually there is a song that takes me back to a time when I wore high waited, acid washed, pleated jeans, a big blouse, a wide belt, big earrings and really big hair. It is usually a song by Madonna or Micheal Jackson, or maybe The Tyme or Rick Asley that trigger this nostalgia. But sometimes it is a current song on the radio, one my daughters sing at the top of their lungs in the car on the way home from high school. A song by the Flo-Rida, "Club Can't Handle Me Right Now", is jammin' in my head all the time. I just love that song. I love it so much I want to dance to it in a club. Dancing with my sister and my girl friends all crowded on the dance floor. Sometimes I miss my younger days of late nights and exhausted days. Nights when we didn't even start to get ready until 9pm and eneded in the wee hours at a diner eating greasy burgers and fries. There was a whole lot of dancing in between. I loved all the dancing. I still love all the dancing. I just miss dancing in a club to my favorite song, playing so loud I can't think of anything else.
I am very happy at the age I am, I love my husband and my daughters, I love teaching and carpool, makng bread and jewelry, and all the things that make my life so rich. I just like remembering the good old days...and I think I could still hold my own on the dance floor!!

No comments:

Post a Comment