Friday, March 18, 2011

Great new book, excellent read!

We were visiting my husbands family this past weekend. My youngest daughter wanted to use their computer and asked if I would stay in the room with her while she checked on her Face book account, what else!!? The computer is in my in-laws bedroom, so while my daughter was "updating her status", I looked over the books beside the bed. Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth looked interesting. I picked it up and began reading. Before I got through the preface, I was in love!!
This author writes in such a way that just kept me in the room with all her words. As fast as I was reading, I was turning down pages, writing notes in the margin and highlighting passages. I haven't felt this moved by a book since Eat, Pray, Love. by Elizabeth Gilbert.
The freedom I feel in conecting my head/mind to my body/arms/legs/BELLY!! is enough to make me jump up and down with joy!!
I am convinced that no matter your weight,if it 118, or 318, if you do not weigh as a adult, somewhere around what you weighed when you graduated high school, you are fighting with the scales. Grrr! So as I am exhausted with this fight, I find peace in this book. Ahhhh....it just makes sense to me.
Check it out and see if it makes sense to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment